This article will look into the suggestions you have on the market as a quality ball for your beach volley sessions. First, you must consider the material used for the cover, and the type of stitching. Leather is one of the popular options for the best beach volleyball ball. However, this choice is high-maintenance. Here are the 7 top choices in reverse order ending with the highest rated volleyball. No matter what your skill level, you need the best beach volleyball ball that will endure the sand and sun at the beach.
7. Mikasa VX20 Beach Classic Volleyball
The first option on your list of the best beach volleyball ball choices is a very affordable, yet highly durable ball. You are looking at a less expensive version of a higher priced Mikasa beach volleyball used in world tournaments and international competition.
- There is a durable butyl bladder to guarantee this volleyball maintains shape and holds air well.
- The Mikasa VX20 Beach Classic Volleyball has a full one-year warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Using strategically placed yellow, blue, and white panels, this ball is easy for players to track.
- There is not always uniformity in the stitch thickness on all the panel seams.
6. Spalding Extreme Pro Wave Volleyball
The next ball has exhibits the most unique color scheme. People get to choose between three designs that use vibrant beach colors, plus a conventional all-white option. Finally, this recommendation has the Spalding WAVE panel design for better fingertip control.
- The machine-stitched WAVE panels are excellent for beginners and novice players.
- This ball has an excellent durability rating, judged a perfect ball for daily beach volleyball players.
- The product conforms to the official norms for size and weight. In other words, you’ll train with the same equipment pros use in official competition.
- Highly skilled players find the ball a little too soft for tournament play.
5. Wilson Official AVP II Outdoor Volleyball
Wilson manufactures the next option on your list of the best beach volleyball ball choices. The AVP II is a second generation outdoor ball designed to withstand the harsh conditions of beach sand.
- All Wilson volleyballs have their Performance Elastomer Bladder. Such an upgrade adds responsiveness on serves, slams, and long strikes.
- The Wilson Official AVP II Outdoor Volleyball has a microfiber composite leather cover for improved resistance against dirt and moisture.
- This ball uses unique graphics to help players to detect ball spin better.
- The yellow panels and markings have a tendency to be slippery when the ball is first used.
4. Mikasa Sports MIKASA VLS300 BEACH CHAMP
The next ball on your selections for the best beach volleyball ball is the model utilized during all international beach volleyball tournaments. It has been the official ball of the past Olympic Games. Moreover, it’s the most preferred ball by professional beach volleyball players as well.
- This is the official game ball of the Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB).
- The Mikasa Sports MIKASA VLS300 BEACH CHAMP has reinforced panels to help maintain a perfectly spherical shape.
- This was the official ball for the 2012 London Olympic Games and the Rio de Janeiro games in 2016.
- The Mikasa VLS300 only comes in one standard color combination: blue, yellow, and white.
3. Tachikara SV5WSC Sensi Tec Composite High Performance Volleyball
Tachikara uses an advanced manufacturing technique with pioneering materials for all their professional balls. So far, they have produced quality sports game balls since 1915. Their volleyballs are known for excellent air retention and perfectly spherical shape.
- The Tachikara SV5WSC Sensi Tec Composite High Performance Volleyball is available in 42 unique color combinations.
- This ball has an extra soft touch. On the other hand, it is made to endure the harsh conditions of beach volleyball.
- The outside cover uses Sensi-Tec® microfiber composite leather.
- Some owners indicate the valve stem is not always buried flush with the cover. As a result, they were prone to leaks.
2. Molten Elite Beach Volleyball
The next choice for the best beach volleyball ball has the North, Central America and Caribbean Volleyball Confederation (NORCECA) stamp of approval. It uses a soft polyurethane cover that is hand-stitched which makes all the difference in terms of touch. This ball feels and moves the right way to impress a jury by itself.
- This ball is the official best beach volleyball ball of the USA volleyball team.
- The Molten Elite Beach Volleyball is extremely durable. Nonetheless, it still has the perfect soft touch for fingertip control.
- This is a perfect volleyball for play on sand or grass.
- This volleyball is only available in two color combinations, the red, white and blue USA ball, or a straight blue and white ball.
1. Wilson Cast Away Volleyball
The highest rated choice on your list of the best beach volleyball ball options is a unique conversation piece. It is a replica of the ball named “Wilson” in the motion picture “Castaway.” This is an excellent outdoor volleyball, which will add some fun to your game.
- This ball has the standard 18 panels, each machine sewn for excellent outdoor durability.
- The Wilson Cast Away Volleyball uses a butyl rubber bladder, so it holds air better.
- With a synthetic material that copies leather, players experience a soft touch while the ball boasts high outdoor durability.
- Skilled players indicate the ball is slightly smaller than tournament regulation. Therefore, it is not a chosen ball for official volleyball tournaments.
These are the seven best beach volleyball ball choices that will endure the harshness of sandy conditions and the intensity of the sun. If you’ve played using any of these choices, tell us how you like your best beach volleyball ball. In addition, if you think any beach volleyballs are missing from the list, let us hear about those as well.