7. Deluxe 2-Person Survival Kit for Emergency Disaster Preparedness
The first kit on your list of the best earthquake kit options has a number of useful items. There are two weatherproof, body heat conserving sleeping bags. There are also a respirator dust mask and 60-feet of durable nylon rope for emergency evacuations.
- This kit has an emergency radio with batteries and headphones included.
- The Deluxe 2-Person Survival Kit for Emergency Disaster Preparedness has a total of 25 useful items in case of an emergency.
- There are two, 4-hour non-toxic glow sticks.
- Many of the best earthquake kit options have multiple compartments to organize your items. However, this option only has three.
- There is not a significant food supply in this kit. It only contains two bars.
6. Sustain Supply Co. Essential 2-Person Emergency Survival Bag/Kit
Lack of light is often a major problem in an emergency. This kit made sure to focus on multiple light sources, including SnapLights and an LED lantern. There is a full supply of bandages, plus ointment and pain relievers to address severe injuries.
- This kit has an over-sized backpack, so there is enough room to add a few personal items.
- The Sustain Supply Co. Essential 2-Person Emergency Survival Bag/Kit can help 2 persons go through worst-case scenarios for 72 hours straight.
- There are premium quality supplies in this kit, including a Sawyer mini water filter and 50-foot paracord bundle, to navigate emergency evacuations safely.
- The bag has a visible label that indicates it is an emergency survival bag. Some reviews did not find this to be a safe decision.
- While there are multiple sources of light, the actual flashlight is of very low intensity.
5. Earthquake Kit and Emergency Kit
This kit has fewer items compared to others. However, this is a perfect extra kit to add to your disaster preparedness equipment. It has all the basics for dealing with an emergency, including 36-piece first aid kit.
- The Earthquake Kit and Emergency Kit has a more basic supply of items, better suited for mild to moderate earthquakes. It is not a bulky kit that would serve for more intense disasters.
- This is an excellent commuter kit for your car, plus it fits conveniently in a desk drawer at work.
- There is a 16-hour body warmer, plus a full-size poncho to help deal with bad weather.
- This is a very small kit. While it has many essentials for a short-lived emergency, it doesn’t continue the variety of things like other choices on your list of the best earthquake kit options.
- There aren’t any compartments to better organize the many items that this kit does offer.
4. Family Prep Emergency Survival 72 Hour Kit
The next best earthquake kit individually packages each of the items in a separate ziplock bag for protection. On top of that, it comes with a 48-page emergency preparedness and survival guide to help you address nearly any type of situation.
- The Family Prep Emergency Survival 72 Hour Kit offers two different models, a two-person kit and a four-person option.
- You not only have a 72-hour emergency water supply, but this kit also has a five Chlorine military-grade water purification packets.
- If you’re stranded in inclement weather, this kit has four reflective sleeping bags and four ponchos.
- The flashlight in this kit does not generate a very bright light.
- While the sleeping bags are a unique option, they did not appear to be waterproof.
3. Survival Prep Warehouse – Four Person Survival Kit Deluxe
The next choice in your list of the best earthquake kit options is from the Survival Prep Warehouse. It contains specific items designed for earthquakes and other disasters that require immediate evacuation.
- This is a smaller kit that is easy and convenient to store at home, in a vehicle, or at your job.
- The Survival Prep Warehouse – Four Person Survival Kit Deluxe has your back be it a hurricane, fire, earthquake, flood, and other man-made or natural disasters.
- There is extra room in this duffle bag design carrying case.
- While the duffle bag design offers a little more room, you can’t throw this kit on your back like the backpack designs.
- There is no list of ingredients on the emergency food products. As a result, people with allergies should use caution.
2. Emergency Zone 840-2 Urban Survival Bug Out Bag Emergency Disaster Kit
As you prepare for an emergency, such as an earthquake, you might need to invest years of your time to keep it updated. This kit has an emergency food and water supply with a US Coast Guard approved 5-year shelf life.
- The Emergency Zone 840-2 Urban Survival Bug Out Bag Emergency Disaster Kit will keep some miscellaneous things handy, such as a survival whistle, work gloves, rope, duct tape, but also playing cards.
- There are extra compartments for better organization of important items.
- The contents of this emergency kit come in an inconspicuous black backpack.
- This is only a two-person kit. The four-person version is available at a higher price.
- Many of the best earthquake kit options are lighter than this option. This one weights nearly 15-pounds.
1. First My Family 4FKIT 4 Person Premium Survival Kit
The final choice on your list of the best earthquake kit packages has a number of basic instruments you and your family might need. There is a handy utility knife, LED flashlight, plus a survival whistle. There is a compass for directional purposes, plus four Mylar blankets and 24-hour body warmers.
- Fires are often a part of earthquakes. Therefore, you might find the fire aid guide that comes with this 85-piece emergency preparedness kit helpful at some point.
- The First My Family 4FKIT 4 Person Premium Survival Kit also includes four 22-ounce emergency water pouches to provide 72-hours of water per person.
- There is a 2400-calorie supply of emergency food that uses nut-free and non-GMO ingredients.
- While this is an affordable choice on the list of the best earthquake kit, some items were deemed only of average quality.
- The leather work gloves in the kit come only in a large size.
Being ready for an emergency, especially an earthquake, takes preparation. One way you can help ensure you’ll be ready is to have the best earthquake kit immediately available. If you have experience with any of these kits, let us know what you think!
Recommended Read: Best Electric Skillets