7. Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Electric Skillet
The first choice on your list of the best electric skillet has a titanium-infused cooking surface. It is referred to as a DuraCeramic coated skillet, and it will not flake or peel. This skillet cooks up to 30% faster than conventional skillets, so it saves time and conserves energy.
- This skillet has a unique candy apple red color.
- The Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Electric Skillet has a ceramic surface to provide years worth of cooking durability.
- During the entire cooking process, the handles remain cool.
- The skillet is very thin, so it gives a lot of radiant heat. You should be careful what type of counter surface you put it on.
- There is a glass lid, so you need to careful when transporting the skillet and washing.
6. Rival CKRVSK11 11-Inch Square Electric Skillet
Owning an electric skillet that can immediately double as an elegant serving dish is an appealing advantage. The Rival Electric Skillet looks just as good on the table at a dinner party as it does as a durable cooking skillet. You can just prepare your favorite dish and proudly sit it on any serving table.
- The Rival CKRVSK11 11-Inch Square Electric Skillet is a combination between skillet and buffet server.
- There are extra-wide, cool-to-the-touch handles for quick and convenient transport.
- The lid handle also remains cool, so you can easily open the skillet to stir your food without the need for a potholder.
- Some customers reported that the non-stick surface peeled away after a handful of uses.
- The electric cord on this model is shorter than most.
5. Hamilton Beach Deep Dish Durathon Ceramic Skillet
The next choice on the list of the best electric skillet models has deeper sides to add more flexibility to your cooking options. It is a full three inches deep, so it’s great for sautéing, frying, simmering or braising.
- The Hamilton Beach Deep Dish Durathon Ceramic Skillet is made with a ceramic non-stick coating that makes it one of the most durable electric skillets.
- This skillet is uniquely designed to combine a countertop skillet with a suitable dish for serving food.
- There is a wide-range of adjustable heating options.
- The skillet comes in either copper or grey.
- The temperature has a tendency to fluctuate, causing uneven cooking.
- There was some question about the durability of the surface.
4. Nesco ES-08 Electric 8-inch Skillet
The Nesco 8-inch electric skillet is one of the most versatile options on the list of the best electric skillet models. You can sear, fry, bake, steam, and simmer with this skillet. It’s a square skillet with 1800W of power.
- While this is a smaller skillet than some on your list of the best electric skillet models, Nesco has a deeper, 12-inch model you can use for larger casseroles.
- The Nesco ES-08 Electric 8-inch Skillet has a large temperature control knob that is very easy to read.
- This skillet has the Premium Whitford non-stick surface, so it is great for all types of dishes, including frying.
- Only an 8-inch cooking surface with the small version which limits the size of the dish you can prepare with it.
- There is a potential defect which causes the skillet to shut off when it reaches a certain temperature.
3. Elite Platinum EG-6203 Deep Dish 8-Quart Non-stick Electric Skillet
The Elite Platinum is an 8-quart, full-size electric skillet. You can immerse the skillet fully in water for fast and easy cleanup. The lid is tempered glass and helps to lock in flavor to all your favorite dishes and entrees.
- This skillet has an M-shaped heating element for an easier evenly distributed heat to the cooking surface.
- The Elite Platinum EG-6203 Deep Dish 8-Quart Non-stick Electric Skillet is a jumbo size, 16-inches by 13-inches. It’s great for full entrees or large casseroles.
- There is a non-stick, marbled stone cooking surface so your dishes will slide out with ease. Cleanup is also a snap, since you can just wipe it out with a damp washcloth.
- The plug connection must be checked to make sure it is secure. If not, the control becomes extremely hot.
- There is a speckled design on the inside cooking surface that some users feel is hard to clean.
2. De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet
De’Longhi created the base for this skillet so that it is wide and stable. The feet keep it secure on any counter surface, plus help to reduce the heat under the skillet. It has a die-cast aluminum case and produces a robust 1500W of power.
- There are adjustable steam vents to let off excess steam safely.
- The De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet has an embedded heating element for even heating of the entire skillet cooking surface.
- Both the lid and the skillet are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- There can be a malfunction in the heating elements that make half the skillet very hot, while the other side will not heat past medium.
- This is a heavy skillet, so it is not the best option for transporting dishes.
1. Presto 06857 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet
The final skillet on your list of the best electric skillet models received the highest overall review from satisfied customers. It is a large skillet, capable of cooking full entrees and extra helpings of side dishes.
- The Presto 06857 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet has a convenient spout to pour off liquids safely.
- This skillet is made of heavy-duty cast aluminum, covered with a deluxe, non-stick surface both inside and on the outside parts of the skillet.
- There are unique fold-down handles. This design makes the skillet convenient to store or transport safely.
- The skillet did not heat as evenly as some models. Moreover, it took awhile to bring things to a boil.
- If the cord and control knob are not securely connected, they can become very hot.
These are seven of the best electric skillet models, each with excellent customer reviews. If you’ve used any of these skillets, let us know how you like yours!
Recommended Read: Best zero gravity outdoor chairs