Dentists and oral hygiene professionals consistently support the improved cleaning technology of electric toothbrushes. Nowadays, these products remove more plaque than ever and help to ensure you brush long enough. There are different models available in a wide-range of prices. Picking the best electric toothbrush doesn’t have to be difficult if you understand what features are most useful.
7. Oral-B Pro 7500 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
The first choice in your list of the best electric toothbrush models is made by Oral-B and powered by Braun. You can use the Oral-B smartphone app to completely customize your own personal brushing strategy.
- The Oral-B Pro 7500 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush has a 360 LED SmartRing. This lets you customize your electric toothbrush for your own unique brushing experience.
- This electric toothbrush employs a three-dimensional brushing motion. It oscillates, rotates, and pulsates.
- There are five cleaning modes, each with a 30-second alert timer. Therefore, you know when to shift to another section of your mouth.
- You must keep the charger connections and the brush handle dry or it has a tendency to rust after a period.
- The bristles on this model by Oral-B are stiffer than other electric toothbrush heads.
6. Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush WP-900
The next best electric toothbrush has a unique water flossing system. Waterpik adds another element of cleaning. This sonic aqua jet helps clean gums and teeth in places where conventional electric toothbrushes miss.
- The Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush WP-900 uses high-volume water flush to help promote cleaner teeth and healthy gums.
- This toothbrush uses innovative technology to improve the bristle speed by 25% over comparable models.
- There is a rechargeable battery system, plus you can plug this electric toothbrush directly into any 120VAC/60Hz outlet.
- Waterpik does not allow any of their products to be shipped outside of North America.
- If you put the toothbrush on the stand it must charge. You cannot use the stand to store your toothbrush, or it could progressively overcharge and ruin the battery.
5. Oral B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Toothbrush
The next best electric toothbrush is a second design produced by Oral B. It costs slightly more than the previous model. Nonetheless, this model is a smart toothbrush that you can pair up with your smartphone.
- There is a SmartRing™ that visibly monitors your brush time and brushing pressure.
- The Oral B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Toothbrush has six different modes; daily cleaning, gum care, sensitivity brushing, whitening, tongue cleaning, and pro-clean model.
- This electric toothbrush has a convenient travel case that you can not only charge your brush with but also charge your smartphone as well.
- Without Bluetooth connectivity, you will forfeit a number of the useful options this toothbrush offers.
- While it offers some very appealing features and smart technology, this is one of the more expensive options on your list of the best electric toothbrush models.
4. Fairywill Electric Toothbrush
This toothbrush uses a smart timer to help you monitor your brushing time. It will charge up fully in around four hours. Afterward, you will be able to enjoy your daily brushing for 30 uninterrupted days. There are five vibration speeds you can select.
- Since this best electric toothbrush holds a charge for up to 30-days, it is an excellent option for travel.
- The Fairywill Electric Toothbrush has both an electric adapter and a USB charging option.
- This model has a unique anti-slip handle that helps you get a firm grip while brushing.
- There is no stand or travel case for this toothbrush.
- This electric toothbrush vibrates within the handle. Therefore, the bristles do not vibrate like some models.
3. AquaSonic Ultra Whitening Toothbrush
AquaSonic produces the third highest customer rated option in the list of the best electric toothbrush choices. It has the most diverse number of brush heads with eight different Dupont heads.
- The AquaSonic Ultra Whitening Toothbrush produces 40,000 vibrations per minute (VPM). This outstanding vibration speed makes this model excellent for polishing.
- There is a convenient travel case part of the accessories.
- With a separate massage mode, you can use these pulsating vibrations to increase the blood circulation to your gums, therefore promoting healthy gums.
- This model only comes in a black series.
- The brush may periodically shut off when the battery charge becomes low, but not completely drained.
2. Gloridea Electric Toothbrush
The Gloridea Electric Toothbrush has a diverse number of cleaning modes. Compared to other electric toothbrushes, the massage and polish modes are extra features that many find appealing. This brush also has a 30-second reminder to change brushing area.
- This electric toothbrush has five cleaning modes and a USB recharging system.
- It takes only 4 hours to secure a full charge that can last up to 30 days.
- The Gloridea Electric Toothbrush has an excellent warranty. A full 360-day product warranty plus a 180-day no-hassle refund policy for any defect.
- Be aware that this electric toothbrush requires the purchase of a separate charging system.
- While this toothbrush received excellent ratings for cleaning efficiency, it did vibrate more than comparable models.
1. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
The final choice in your list of the best electric toothbrush models is by the respected name of Philips. This is a rechargeable system with a 2-week battery life. The convenient battery light lets you know right when it is time to recharge.
- The Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush has three customizable brushing modes: clean, whitening, and gum care.
- There is a special pressure sensor to help protect your teeth and gums from excess brush force.
- You will never have to worry about when to replace the brush head with the BrushSync replacement reminder.
- For those who are trying an electric toothbrush for the first time, this alternative may not appeal to limited budgets.
- The handle of this electric toothbrush is smooth and might be difficult to hold when wet.
This is a list of seven of the best electric toothbrush models. Each offers features that make it unique from the others. You will also find a diverse price range between these options. If you’ve brushed with any of these electric toothbrushes, let us know how much you like yours. In addition, let us hear about any best electric toothbrush models that are not on this list.
Recommended Read: Best acne treatments