10. Linksys AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender
Linksys’ dual-band wi-fi range extender is the epitome of simplicity. It provides users with a simple set-up experience and a series of automatic firmware updates. These innovations keep the unit functioning at the top of its game.
- One-touch set-up.
- Automatic updates.
- Compact design.
- Set-up works with phones and tablets.
- Outdated instructions.
- No user interface.
- Difficulties with signal when placed too far from source.
9. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900
NETGEAR’s Nighthawk works well to extend range, but its real benefit comes in the form of added features. It works to establish a second Wi-Fi network hotspot in a home or office. This product also features gigabit ports for Ethernet connectivity. This means that it not only extends the range of an existing Wi-Fi signal, but it allows for lightning-fast connectivity for wired connections.
- Included Gigabit ports.
- Allows creation of a second Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Relatively easy set-up.
- Requires a NETGEAR account.
- Very dim status light.
- Difficulty connecting with some routers.
8. NETGEAR N300 WiFi Range Extender
NETGEAR’s N3000 Wall Plug is a simple and user-friendly member part of its Wi-Fi extender family. It is easily the best wireless extender for those who want a device that will help them quickly extend Wi-Fi range with no headaches. Its unique ability to help users find the best spot for the extender earns it a place on this list.
- Indicator light shows the best place to put device.
- Antennas boost Wi-Fi coverage.
- Includes a fast Ethernet port.
- No Gigabit ports.
- Slower streaming speeds.
- Awkward design takes up entire outlet.
7. Securifi Almond
Securifi’s Almond is the best wireless extender for those who want something different. The device features a touch-screen control panel directly on the unit. As a result, users can remove computers from the set-up and maintenance process. Though the architecture might not be as good as some of the more established brands, it’s still a novel experience.
- Quick set-up.
- Touchscreen on the device.
- Works as a router.
- Relatively short range.
- Slower speeds at a distance.
- Frequent restarts for updates.
6. NETGEAR Nighthawk Mesh X4S Wall-Plug
This smaller version of the Nighthawk system is ideal for many users. Definitely the best wireless extender wall unit from a major manufacturer, it helps to create a unified and fast network within the home. While the design isn’t very appealing, it still provides a top-notch wireless experience.
- Very fast extended network.
- Good use of bandwidth.
- Simple set-up.
- Ugly design.
- No antenna for range boost.
- Doesn’t have the power of the larger Nighthawk units.
5. VICTONY 1200Mbps Wireless Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Victony’s router is an all-in-one device that does several functions well. It’s a signal repeater, but it can also work well as a dedicated Wi-Fi router. It has a SPECIAL feature that helps users find ideal placement, as well as a host of antennas to help keep the signal strong.
- Multiple antennas help with signal.
- Location indicator makes placement easy.
- Multi-function tool.
- Difficult set-up.
- Bad support.
- Bulky for its size.
4. Aduds WiFi Router Wireless Range Extender
ADUDS has another range extender that can also function well as both a gateway and a wireless router. Able to extend networks with ease, it’s still a great pure extender. Though it does require a bit of maintenance to keep up and get it running, it’s a relatively simple device that can keep wireless connections up and running.
- Also works as a router or gateway.
- Simple to set up.
- Does its primary job of extending a network well.
- Bad customer support.
- Outdated firmware can cause issues with some routers.
- Sharp performance drop-off at edge of range.
3. MSRMUS US300 Wireless 300Mbps Mini Repeater
MSRMUS has the best wireless extender for those who are only looking to eliminate Wi-Fi dead spots. There are no fancy bells or whistles here, yet there are precious few features. The device is, however, good at extending signals even beyond walls and into those regions where Wi-Fi has a tendency to disappear. Sometimes, simplicity gets the job done.
- Easy to use.
- Great signal boost.
- Works through walls.
- No extra features.
- Only an extender.
- Support is mediocre at best.
2. Autoor Wireless Range Extender
Autoor’s marketing may be a bit odd, but its products are not. This wireless extender does a great job of keeping signals strong throughout its range and helps to eliminate dead spots in coverage. Beloved by users, this wireless unit has few strikes against it which makes it perhaps the best wireless extender for most consumers.
- Good coverage.
- Solid speed.
- Eliminates dead spots.
- Doesn’t work as a router.
- Weird marketing emphasis on radiation.
- Devoid of bells and whistles.
1. Elegiant Wifi Range Extender
Elegiant’s WiFi Range Extender ranks as the best wireless extender simply because it does almost everything that every other entry on the list does. It has easy set-up, great coverage, good internet speeds, and functions as a router and gateway as well as an extender. This device has utility and ease of use, and most customers seem to be very happy with it.
- Multiple functions.
- Great coverage.
- Easy set-up.
- Ugly design.
- Lacks location indicator.
- Problems with some lower-tier routers.
No matter what your needs, the best wireless extender will be found on this list. These extenders have a variety of features and functions, but they all share one thing in common – they can help you to get better wireless coverage.
What did you think of this list? Did we miss one of your favorites? Do you have experience with one of these extenders? If so, let us know!