A great meal starts with great ingredients, but then your kitchen gadgets also impact your cooking, greatly. For example, using a stove may lead to overcooked or under-cooked food if you are not careful. An electric pressure cooker is a great appliance for making the best dishes since it can cook anything from a shriveled steak to a potful of rice, and you have utmost control of cooking temperatures.
While it is easy to use a pressure cooker, finding one that meets your needs is a challenge. If you are not careful, you can end up with a poor quality or an overpriced product. We understand the challenge and that is why we prepared this review to help you find an electric cooker matching your tastes and preferences, and one that falls within your budget.
Finding and buying anything online nowadays requires careful consideration. There are so many brands of electric pressure cookers on the market, which makes it challenging to choose the one that meets your needs. Here are a few frequently asked questions to get your search started on the right footing.
1. What Is an Electric Pressure Cooker?
It is a sealed cooking pot that uses steam pressure to cook foods. Such cookers have a valve for controlling the level of steam pressure inside the pot.
2. What Does a Pressure Cooker Do?
These appliances use the steam pressure principle to cook or warm food. This makes it ideal for faster cooking hence lowering your energy bills and level of water consumption. They also help to kill microbes present in food. Since they use a little water, pressure cookers maintain the food's original taste and preserves nutrients. They can serve as food cookers, food warmers, vegetable steamers, and baking pots.
3. How Does a Pressure Cooker Work?
When you cook food on a stove, you lose a lot of heat from rising steam. A pressure cooker traps steam and spreads it within the pot, and releases it through the valve, when necessary. It will also use less water than other cooking methods.
4. Where Can You Buy It/Them?
You can find an electric cookers that fall within your needs and budget from online stores like Amazon.
5. How Do I Choose the Right One?
Many factors define the best electric pressure cooker. For example, the size of the cooker is a factor you must consider; it comes in handy when you have a large family. Second, you need your appliance to be safe to use, hence, it must have an active safety valve. The best cookers use a smart control unit to monitor the pressure and regulate the cooking temperature. In addition, the best electric cooker ought to be strong and durable - anything made from stainless steel or aluminum will serve this purpose.
How We Reviewed
We conducted thorough research on electric pressure cookers to bring to you an unbiased list you can depend on for your decision making. Our focus was on the most outstanding features, prices, availability, and construction of the products. We looked at how the different units worked and compared their safety features. We also weighed in on the pros and cons of all the products to make it easy to pick out the best electric cooker from the list.
Overall Price Range of Product (and Similar Products)
You can spend about $$ to $$$ for a 6-quart electric pressure cooker. You can attribute the huge variation in price to the difference in features, including performance and construction. For a pricey option, you can choose a pressure cooker with some of the best safety control features that also include more smart features and sensors. For example, stainless steel electric cookers fetch a higher price because of their durability and consistency.
We Reviewed 10 Electric Cookers
Instant Pot DUO60 Pressure Cooker
- 7-IN-1 APPLIANCES: electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan and food warmer
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING with 13 Smart Touch customizable programs for pressure cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice,...
- COOK FAST OR COOK SLOW with pressure cooking up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods or slow cooking for...
The DUO60 is a versatile pressure cooker made from stainless steel. It comes with 7 cooking features for slow and pressure cooking, including one for yogurt. The lid helps to keep you safe from the pressure by making a few clinks when it is open or when poorly closed. The control box includes sensors that regulate the pressure and cooking temperature in the pot.
The pot comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
Breville The Fast Slow Pro
- Color changing LCD tells you when the cooker is pressurizing, cooking or releasing steam
- 3 Way Safety System/Safety locking lid, automatic hands free steam release, safety valve
- 11 pressure cook settings plus a custom setting to suit your favorite recipes
Breville is a multifunctional steamer, slow cooker, and pressure cooker. One of the most outstanding features in this product is the color-changing LCD, which lets you know how cooking is going on inside the pot. It comes with more smart sensors, which translates into more functionality, such as 21 cooking presets. The safety features include a secure lid, a safety valve, and an automatic steam release function.
This product has a 1-year limited warranty.
Fagor LUX Multi-Pressure Cooker
- Pressure cooking on both high and low options up to 99 minutes. Slow Cooking high or low options up to 10 hours
- Keep warm function up to 12 hours and Time Delay function up to 6 hours
- Cook a variety of meals in this all-in one machine from meats, grains, desserts and even yogurt
Fagor Lux is a multifunctional cooker with presets that let you make a risotto or even a cup of yogurt. You can leave your food to warm in the pot for up to 12 hours. It is a little pricey, considering that none of the features are beyond what we're used to seeing in a standard pressure cooker. The control panel is user-friendly, starting from the buttons to the LCD.
The cooker comes with a 1-year warranty.
Elite Platinum 11-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- 11 Preset Menu Buttons: Vegetables/Fish, Soup/Stew, Steam, Potatoes, Beef/Meat, Slow Cook, White Rice, Chicken, Keep...
- Convenient browning function pre-browns meats in the same pot prior to pressure cooking.
- 24 hour delay timer allows user to program cooking to begin at a later time.
Elite Platinum comes with whooping 11 presets, 9 pre-programmed menus, and an inner pot made from brushed stainless steel. This product allows you to brown your steak before cooking. It can slow cook, speed, cook, steam vegetables, and warm your food for prolonged hours. The delay timer can run for 24 hours without a reset.
It comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
T-fal Pressure Cooker
The T-fal electric cooker offers 12 automatic menus for steaming, warming, and pressure-cooking. It has a stainless steel inner pot coated with a non-stick surface and can also serve as a crock-pot. The delay function can run for 24 hours with 12-hour presets. You may struggle with the control buttons for a little while before you get to grips with how they work.
This pressure cooker comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
Tramontina 80130/505DS Electric Pressure Cooker
- Includes: 6.3 Qt/ 6 L Pressure Cooker, Nonstick Inner Pot, Rice Measuring Container, Serving Utensils
- Stainless Steel boy with Locking Cover
- Seven Pre-Programmed "Quick Cook" Modes (Soup/Stew, Fish/Vegetable, Meat, Beans, Brown Rice, Chicken & Chili)
When you have a Tramontina pressure cooker, you can make stews, sear any kind of meat, cook beans, boil rice, or steam vegetables, all using this one pot. With an inner section coated with a non-stick surface, it features 8 pre-programmed menus. If you are a chili fan, you will love this cooker because it comes with a preset menu for chili.
You will get a 1-year limited warranty on this product.
Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ Electric Pressure Cooker
- New and improved packaging from the manufacturer to eliminate damage
- 6-quart electric pressure cooker reduces cooking times by 70 percent.MC Cubic Feet: 3.30
- Push-button controls; easy-to-read digital display; precision thermostat
Several pressure cooker brands are noisy when in use but the CPC-600AMZ from Cuisinart is different. If you want to hear if it rattles or hisses, you must listen closely. It comes with adjustable pressure settings so you can also use it as a slow cooker. The inner pot features a non-stick surface covered with Teflon, while the temperature monitor is one of the most accurate.
This product comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
BELLA BLA14467 Pressure Cooker
- PRESSURE COOKER: Cook full birds, brisket, pork, lamb, fish, stews, soups & even pasta in minutes. With a touch of a...
- MULTI-USE COOKER: Features 10 pre-set functions specifically engineered to cook various types of food to perfection....
- SAFE & EASY TO USE: This cooker features safety features such as steam release valves, an air tight locking lid, & a...
You would think an electric cooker with 10 presets should be among the most expensive. Bella dismisses this argument by offering one of the most economical options in the market. It is easy to wash and comes with a user-friendly touch pad.
You will get a 2-year limited warranty on this pressure cooker.
- Faster Cooking! - Pressure cooking gets dinner on the table faster*! Enjoy the full flavor of all your favorites in a...
- 7-in-1 Cooking Pot - The 7 dedicated pressure cooker functions make it easy to prepare a variety of foods in an...
- 4 Non-Pressure Functions - Go beyond pressure-cooking for even more one pot meals with settings for traditional slow...
This Black and Decker pressure cooker uses an inner pot made from a non-stick material. You can use it to sauté, bake, or slow cook any meal. However, you may have to sacrifice a few comforts like porridge and the homemade yogurt if you settle for the cooker. You will also find a manual programming button that allows you the comfort of cooking diverse meal types.
This product comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
Crock-Pot 8-in-1 Multi-Use Express Crock Pressure Cooker
No products found.
The Crock-Pot is one of the best options for budget consumers. It comes with 8 presets for sauteing, slow cooking, and more. There is a pressure adjustment button to let you set it on high or low depending on your needs. With an inner pot that has a non-stick surface, you're bound to get poor results when searing meat.
This product comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
Using an electric pressure cooker saves you a lot of time preparing and cooking food. Because these cookers use the steam pressure principle, they are versatile in terms of what they can do, and in what you can do. You can comfortably cook even frozen foods in a short time, compared to when using an oven. However, finding a pressure cooker that meets your needs is difficult, and that's why this review is here to help you land the best pressure cooker.
Based on our review of several products, we selected the Instant Pot DUO60 as the best on our list. Our top choice falls within the average price range and offers many of the best features buyers can get, such as 14 programmable menus and a premium-quality finish. Whether you're cooking every day, or for a holiday, this pressure cooker might be perfect for you.
Featured Image Source: Unsplash
Last update on 2021-06-18 at 07:36 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API